Industrial air filters come in wide varieties. You can choose between Fiberglass and pleated filters. Pleated filters are more expensive, but they are also less prone to clogging. They also capture toxic fumes from combustion processes. Aluminum filters are another popular option, and they are also much cheaper than pleated air filters.
They are used in many manufacturing facilities
Regardless of the type of business, industrial air filters Richmond VA are essential to any industrial setting. Whether a factory produces cars or food, various air filters help keep workers safe. Many companies use air filters to reduce energy costs, but there are other places to find them. Increasingly, manufacturers are turning to bio-filtration and other techniques to reduce pollution. Many companies are also implementing more stringent environmental regulations.
A sound air filtration system should remove harmful and unwanted contaminants. This will improve the environment and improve worker safety. It will also decrease maintenance costs and increase the life of the equipment. A sound air filtration system will also reduce the number of staff sick days and reduce on-the-job injuries. Finally, it will help you meet government policy requirements.
They capture toxic fumes produced by combustion processes
Toxic fumes produced by combustion processes can be controlled using industrial air filters. These devices use chemical substances and specialized filter media to capture these emissions. The most effective filters use activated carbon, which absorbs gases, vapors, and odors.
Six major types of air pollutants are known to cause health problems. These pollutants are produced during the combustion of fossil fuels. There are also other types of air pollutants, such as sulfur dioxide, nitrogen oxides, particulate matter, and ozone. Toxic fumes from combustion processes are a threat to human health and are harmful to the environment.
They are used to maintain indoor air quality
Industrial air filters help to keep the air inside buildings clean. They are made of different materials depending on the type of filtration they are meant to provide. Some products also use activated carbon to absorb even smaller particles.
Poor indoor air quality can harm occupants’ health, causing increased absenteeism and productivity problems. According to the EPA, poor indoor air quality is among the top public health risks. The cost of air pollution is estimated to be $225 billion annually worldwide. But, even if indoor air quality is not directly harmful to human health, it can affect a building’s bottom line.
Aluminum air filters are used in a variety of environments
Aluminum air filters are a common type of air filter used in various environments. They have multiple alternating layers of aluminum screens that maximize particle retention. They are supported by an aluminum carrier frame and are often used as pre-filters in multi-stage air filtration systems. They also capture particles such as aerosols, grease, and coolant mists.
The nominal flow rate of air filters can be measured in terms of filtration or face velocity. A higher nominal flow rate is recommended for a given cross-section to improve efficiency and reduce pressure drop. Other filtration parameters, such as the penetration and decontamination factor, can also be used to measure the filtration performance of an air filter. In addition, weight concentration, arrestance, and other physical parameters can be used to evaluate the efficiency of an air filter.
Fiberglass air filters are less expensive than pleated air filters
While fiberglass industrial air filters cost less than pleated ones, they also have a few drawbacks. For one thing, they have a shorter service life than pleated ones. They also need frequent cleaning. And because they only catch large particles, they’re not the best choice for people with allergies or respiratory illnesses. In addition, they can be damaged if they need to be more durable. That’s why you should replace them every 30 days or so.
Fiberglass filters are cheaper than pleated filters, but they could do better of a job. They only filter out about 25% of the particles in the three-to-10-micron range, which includes pollen, dander, and some bacteria. Pleated filters, on the other hand, can remove up to 75% of these particles.
Poly/cotton media is an economical alternative to hogs hair media and offers high filtration performance. This poly/cotton media is made of a three-layer corrugated weave, enhancing air filtration ability. This material can be cleaned and reused. It also does not degrade over time.
The energy costs associated with the filter are the most significant cost savings. This is because media filters have a greater surface area, which traps pollutants. These media filters typically need to be changed once or twice a year. However, they are ineffective in removing odors and must be installed by a professional.